1. 2016 Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Procedure
Scholarship Categories Include:
1.Scholarship for Master's Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL) Students
2.Scholarship for one-Academic-Year Study + MTCSOL Students
3.Scholarship for Bachelor's Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (BTCSOL) Students
4.Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Study Students
5.Scholarship for One-Semester Study Students
6.Scholarship for Four-Week Study Students
For more information regarding a Confucius Isntitute Scholarship visit this website: http://cis.chinese.cn/article/2016-01/11/content_629138.htm
2. Confucius China Studies Program (2016 Version)
In order to enhance the understanding of China and Chinese culture, the Confucius Institute Headquarters has set up the “Confucius China Studies Program”.
The program consists of six subprograms in the areas of humanities and social sciences.
I. Joint Research Ph.D. Fellowship (Funded)
- Purpose: Support doctoral students (candidates) for study, research, and writing of their doctoral dissertation in China.
- Duration: 6 months to 2 years.
- Eligibility: Applicants must be Non-Chinese citizens with HSK test score level 3.
II. Ph.D. in China Fellowship (Funded)
- Purpose: Support foreign students to pursue full-time Ph.D. degrees in the humanities and social sciences at Chinese universities.
- Duration: 3 to 4 years.
- Eligibility: Applicants must be Non-Chinese citizens with HSK test score level 5.
III. “Understanding China” Fellowship (Funded)
1. “Understanding China” visiting scholar to China：
- Purpose: Support teachers, researchers, and postdoctoral scholars with the credential of assistant professor and above from foreign universities and academic institutes to undertake research with Chinese researchers in China.
- Duration: 2 weeks to 6 months.
- Eligibility: Applicants must be Non-Chinese citizens.
2. “Understanding China” short-term visit：
- Purpose: Support senior officials from government, education and culture, non-governmental organizations, and businesses.
- Duration: 2 weeks to 2 months.
3. “Understanding China” Chinese visiting scholar:
- Purpose: Support Chinese senior scholars to teach credit courses on Chinese economics, business, finance, law, and culture in foreign universities.
- Duration: 6 months to 12 months.
IV. Young Leaders Fellowship (Funded)
- Purpose: Provide funding for outstanding people who have obtained at least a bachelor’s degree and work in the areas of politics, economics, finance, law education, culture, arts, and media to visit China.
- Duration: 2 weeks to 6 months.
- Eligibility: Applicants must be Non-Chinese citizens, normally under the age of 40.
V. International Conference Grant (Funded)
- Purpose: Support Confucius Institutes, universities, research institutes, and scholars in attending or holding international academic conferences on Sinology or China Studies.
VI. Publication Grant (Funded)
- Purpose: Support foreign scholars to publish or translate relevant monographs, doctoral dissertations, or founding relevant academic journals on Sinology and/or China studies.
- Eligibility: The leading applicant must be Non-Chinese citizen.
Please contact Han Mei, Confucius Institute Interim Chinese director (email@example.com) with any questions and/or if you have interest in submitting an application.
2015 China Studies OVERVIEW